Monday, September 17, 2007

I got it and I love it!

About a week ago my friend Sue came over and showed me how to use the Quickutz Handtool and the Quickutz Revolution and then explained how the Cuttlebug worked as well. I was so intrigued by these tools. I really love the look of dry embossing, but find it pain to do with the stylis. I also love the idea of using Alphabet Die Cuts. After my little training session, Sue and I went to her favourite scrapbook store in the area (dragging our husbands of course), and checked out the machine and available die cuts, etc. There is many options to choose from. After debating over all the different tools and such, I decided the Cuttlebug was what would work best for me. The size of the embossing dies is what really did it for me. I love the idea of being able to do a whole card front at one time.

I was able to get the Cuttlebug last Saturday at Wal-mart in Kitchener, I also picked up a few embossing plates. I did not get any cutting dies yet for two reasons, 1. There was not really any shapes I wanted there and 2. I really only want the Alphabet dies anyways, but my husband says I have to wait for my birthday to get some of those. Can November come fast? So here is a picture of my new tool:

I am loving it so far. I have found it really easy to use. And the embossing on the cardstock is so vivid. I love it. I can't wait to start using this in my scrapbooks. Here are a few cards I made last weekend. I had to try out my new machine. :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Summer by the Sea
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Dimensionals, Pencil Crayons

Supplies:
Stamps: Eat Cake
Ink: Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, White
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, Rose Red
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Dimensionals, White Ribbon

Supplies:
Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts
Ink: Almost Amethyst, So Saffron
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, White
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Dimensionals, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just looked at your card on SCS and decided to visit your blog. I have the CB and folders too and absolutely love them! Actually gave my embossing lite and plates to my daughter so that I could just use the CB. Enjoy! BTW ... your card is fabulous!!
Speedy B

Jen said...

I just ordered a cuttlebug for me...can't wait to try it out. Did you know you can use other companies dies in it too? The ones I am getting are the nestabilities you can find at Papertreyink and Ellen Huston.

Jen

Kristilyn said...

Love it! I'm going to convince my fiance to get me one ... he saw one in the store the other day and commented how I would like it.

Great cards! :)