Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day

Father's Day is tomorrow and I have been procrastinating on making some cards. I just had no ideas. I find masculine cards the hardest to make. Over the past couple of days I have been surfing the gallery on splitcoaststampers.com to get some inspiration. Today I finally was able to get some ideas for the two father's day cards I needed to make.

My dad is into fish and has an aquarium so I thought I would use the fish from 'All Wrapped Up'. I had the designer paper sampler pad that I just received sitting on my table so I started to flip through it and I was inspired. This is the result:

Supplies Used:
(All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: All Wrapped Up, All Year Cheer II
Ink: Basic Black, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Certainly Celery Designer Paper
Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals


When my Father-in-Law was younger he used to have a old convertible. My husband said that one of the cars from the 'Classic Convertibles' set looked just like it, so I decided to use that car stamp for his card and I made the car the same colour as the car he used to have. I tried to make the background of the card match the wrapping paper on his gift. It was black and white with the word dad written all over it. This card is not my favourite colour combination, but my husband likes it, so hopefully his dad does too.

Supplies:
(All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Classic Convertibles, Brushstroke Alphabet
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Craft White
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White


1 comment:

Stampin Mindy said...

All of your cards are simply adorable! I enjoyed looking through your blog. Have a wonderful day!