Monday, May 28, 2007

First Use of Eat Cake!

I needed to make a birthday card for a friend's birthday coming up soon, and just last week I got the stamp set, Eat Cake. It normally takes me a while to get around to mounting and using a new stamp set, but I decided this time that I had to use it right away. It worked great, cause I needed a birthday card and it is an ideal set for that. This card is for a guy, so I had to make sure I picked masculine colours. Soft Subtles is my favourite colour family and so of course I used one colour from that family - sage shadow. I hope Trev likes this card. I am so proud of myself for using a new stamp set right away.

Supplies Used:
(all Stampin' Up! unless noted)
Cardstock - Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Stripped Paper from Designer Series - Pool Party.
Stamps - Eat Cake
Ink - Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Summer Sun
Accessories - Brads, Chocolate Ribbon, Round Tab Punch, White Gel Pen

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

This is a great card!! I am partial to blue (it's my fave color), so I love the mix of colors and design, super cute!

Anonymous said...

I love this card!

Anonymous said...

This card is fantastic!